Can I attend a movie or a concert if I am not a member of the Olympia Film Society?
- Membership does have it’s benefits, but YES, we welcome all to come and enjoy the many wonderful programs that we offer. If you would like to become a member, it’s easy! Sign up at the theater box office or online here.
How can I find out what film, concert, or special event is happening?
- Online: check our online calendar, it lists the most up to date information including last minute cancellations and new additions
- Showtimes Phone Line: 360-754-6670 ext. 4
- Pick up the OFS schedule in front of the Theater.
- Sign up to receive our weekly email updates
What is the ticket price to see a movie?
NEW Prices as of 2/11/2011 - $5.50 OFS Member, $8.50 General Admission, $4.00 Kids 12 and younger.
Matinee Prices (movies beginning at or before 4:00pm)
NEW Prices as of 2/11/2011 - $4.50 OFS Member, $7.50 General Admission
What time does the box office open?
The box office opens 1/2 hour before all show times.
Why won’t you take my credit/debit card, darn it!?
OFS accepts cash or checks (please provide current ID to match check) only at the box office and at the concession stand. There are two bank ATM machines located next to and across the street from the Capitol Theater and several within walking distance.
Where is the Capitol Theater box office located?
The box office is located just outside the Capitol Theater in the front of the building. (206 5th Avenue SE, in between Franklin & Washington Street).
Can I purchase advance tickets to see a movie?
We do not offer advance tickets for most films. However, for special film screenings with filmmakers Q & A, you can get advance tickets on our ticket page here. Tickets for movies can also be purchased at the box office night of movie.
Can I purchase advance tickets for a concert or special event?
When applicable, you can find tickets at these locations:
Olympia Film Society online ticket page
Rainy Day Records- 301 5th Ave. SE, Olympia, tel: 360-357-4755
Capitol Theater Box Office- We always set aside a block of tickets at the door and can be purchased night of show only. Call ahead or read the OFS online calendar to see what time the doors open.
What if the movie I am going to sells out?
The Capitol Theater seats 772 of the finest people in the land, so we’ll have plenty of space for you and your friends! If the film screening is a “special event” with live music, silent auction or other activities like Q&A or Directors attending, check the OFS online calendar for advance ticketing information, or get to the event when the box office opens to get tickets.
Why is the box office closed during the day?
OFS is mostly volunteer run and our resources for time are limited, so you will not find staff in the box office during the day.
Where can i park for FREE when coming to a movie or concert at the Capitol Theater?
- Free street parking is available after 5:30pm on weekdays and free all day on weekends.
- The parking lot next to the theater/alley is free after 5:30pm 7 days a week.
- Parking lot on 4th avenue and Franklin Avenue is free after 5:30pm weekdays only.
- Bank lot across the street from the Capitol Theater is also free after 5:30pm weekdays/weekends.
I just want to pick up the phone & talk with a real person, is that possible?
We ask that you call 360-754-6670 and listen for the staff person’s extension you are trying reach. Click here for staff extensions.